Wednesday 30 March 2011

I'll Keep You Posted

First day of my very own blog. I thought I had this all planned out in my head. How great it would be to start a blog. I was daydreaming of being this amazing writer and getting discovered and making lots of money. So much that I wouldn't have to save up a down payment for a house. I've never been good at saving money. In fact, all purchases in my life until this point have been impulse buys. I can remember being given $50 when I was a kid. I went straight to the music store on Main Street and bought a cassette. Dance Mix '95. ♫♪♫♪ Saturday night and the air is getting hot, like you bayyyybahhhhh ♫♪♫♪  Ohhhkayyyy, starting to date myself now....

Anyways, my boyfriend and I have been saving up to buy a house and so far it's going rather well. We're two-thirds of the way there in only 3 months. Pretty amazing if I do say so myself! Now here's the problem. Houses here are expensive! We have been scouring the 'net to find that perfect home, in the perfect location in our perfect little town. Pffft. No such luck so far. I'm not good at waiting either. Thankfully, I have the all "realistic Aries" for a boyfriend to help tame my wishy-washy, Picsean ways. I'm really hoping that with spring nearly upon us, that more houses in our price range will go up for sale soon. I'll keep you posted on that.

As for spring, I don't know that it's ever going to come. We were walking uptown for groceries the other day. No, we're not poor. We have a vehicle. We walk for exercise and in attempt to be "green" and save a little more money to put toward our down payment savings. Anyways, we were out for a walk and I saw the very first Robin of the season. Dead. On the road. Niiiiiice. My guess is that was a sign that spring is never going to come. I'll keep you posted on that.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment