Saturday 23 April 2011

Planning for the Future

I have always been an avid reader. I read everything and anything that happens to be in front of me. As a teen, I read teen magazines such as "Seventeen". Through my early twenty's I read "Cosmo". I've always been a big fan of romance novels. Not trashy, Harlequin romance but fantastic love stories with substantial, humorous story lines woven between the romance. It didn't matter what I read, I will always remember one specific point that came up several times through the years:

"A man who loves you will plan for the future with you."

I've always kept that simple sentence in my mind over the years. I haven't thought about it for a long time. Until today. I was reading (Surprise!) a novel called, Odd Mom Out by Jane Porter on my dinner break at work tonight. The main character, Marta, begins to fall in love with Luke. I start to notice that they're making plans for dates for the next day, then the same day. Later on in the story they begin making plans for the future.

That's when it hit me. I am finally with a man who is not afraid to make plans for the future with me. Even better, *I* am not afraid to make plans for the future with HIM. I have been so afraid of committing in my life. I ran at the first thought of commitment. I don't really know why exactly that I couldn't commit but I would like to believe that destiny has drawn out a path for me and I'm being led to that path with my decisions while I realize them or not. Somehow I just knew those boyfriends weren't meant for me. My decisions in life were only leading me to my soul mate.

I was thinking deeply about our relationship together while reading my book this evening. (I'm a woman. I can multi-task, obviously) I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect relationship. (Yeah. I know, *gag*.) It's so perfect it's sickening, really! Anything I lack, he makes up for and vice-versa. He stands up for me no matter what the situation. My most favorite part about him, he's REAL. There's no flakey,
fake shit about him. There's no drama. There's no pretending. He is who he is and that's just that.

So here we are, buying a house together. That's a BIG future plan of mortgage payments for the next 30 years. He's not running away. I'm not running away. It's one big, solid, future plan together. We continue to make smaller future plans along the way too. I have found my soul mate and it feels as good as I always dreamed it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment